Ragnar Klavan has again outlined his reputation as a great team player at Liverpool, vowing to give his all regardless […]
Overwatch wasn’t what you’d call a “surprise” hit — everyone knew it was going to wipe the floor with its immediate competition. But unlike a lot of games, it still costs money. If you’ve been meaning to give it a shot but don’t feel like shelling out the $40, this weekend the game is free to play on all platforms with no restrictions. Read More
Real Madrid defender Marcelo has today insisted that international teammate Neymar will make a move to the Bernabeu at some stage in the future.
Following months of speculation surrounding his future, Brazilian attacker Neymar finally made the move from Barcelona to French giants Paris Saint-Germain in August of last year, for a world-record fee of 222 million Euro.
The 25-year-old has since gone on to enjoy a scintillating start to life in the French capital, having racked up an incredible 24 goals and 14 assists in 24 appearances between Ligue 1 and the Champions League.
On the move?
However, despite having only made the move to the Parc des Princes 6 months ago, Neymar has nevertheless already been heavily linked with a departure from PSG, with links between the South American attacker and European champions Real Madrid refusing to die down.
‘Will play for Real’
Speaking in an interview with Esporte Interativo ahead of Real Madrid’s clash with PSG in the Champions League last-16 on Wednesday night, Blancos’ defender Marcelo was questioned on the prospect of his Selecao international teammate joining him in the Spanish capital, with the 29-year-old convinced that Neymar will indeed make the move to the Bernabeu at one point or another:
‘I think Neymar will play for Real Madrid one day.’
‘Would Neymar fit at Real Madrid? He would fit, for sure.’
‘It would be great if he came to Real Madrid.’
‘In my opinion the great players have to play at this club.’
Major blow for Tottenham, this top class star won’t play against Juventus tomorrow – originally posted on Sportslens.com
Tottenham star Toby Alderweireld is all set to miss his side’s Champions League clash against Juventus tomorrow.
According to Telegraph, the Belgian defender is not a part of the squad travelling to Turin. Apparently, the player has been left in England so that he can work on his fitness.
Alderweireld has recovered from his hamstring injury and he made his comeback in the FA Cup last week. However, Pochettino decided to leave him out of the side for the North London derby as well.
It will be interesting to see how the player reacts to these omissions. Previously, Kyle Walker was also left out of some big games and the England international forced his way out of the club because of that.
Alderweireld has not agreed to a new deal at Spurs yet. If the Belgian does not sign an extension soon, Spurs might have to consider selling him at the end of this season.
The report from Telegraph adds that the player’s agent has refused to comment on the situation.
Alderweireld’s absence will be a big blow for Spurs in a crucial game. The Belgian is their best defender and he could have made a big difference against the likes of Dybala and Higuain.
Tottenham player reveals transfer desire, says he would love to play for this club – originally posted on Sportslens.com
Tottenham forward Fernando Llorente has revealed that he misses playing for Juventus and that he would love to return to Turin.
The Spaniard has struggled to hold down a first team place at Spurs and he was linked with a move to Chelsea in January. However, the Blues opted to sign Olivier Giroud instead.
Meanwhile, Llorente’s comments will certainly fuel speculations surrounding his future at the London club now.
The former Juventus striker said that the Bianconeri are a big family and he misses the atmosphere at the Italian club. Llorente also revealed how emotional he was when he had to leave the club.
He said: “Juve is a difficult place to leave. I left the Vinovo training ground crying. It’s also true what David Trezeguet said: ‘It’s only when you leave Juventus that you realise what you had’. I miss it like crazy and would love to return. It’s a special club because, despite being an enormous club, it’s like a family inside. There is a fine image of Juventus here and I raise it even more: I always speak very highly of the Bianconeri and give them a good rep.”
Considering the fact that Llorente has failed to make a positive impact at Spurs, his departure is unlikely to make any difference to Pochettino’s side. The Londoners could use a younger and more mobile back up forward anyway.
It will be interesting to see whether the Spaniard decides to move on in the summer. Juventus already have Dybala and Higuain at their disposal and therefore a return to Turin seems unlikely at this stage.
Manchester City star Kevin De Bruyne’s agent feels that the midfielder is likely to end his career in the MLS.
Initially, the player was expected to return to Belgium once he is past his peak. But it seems that De Bruyne is quite fond of America and wants to play there at some point in his career.
However, the Manchester City fans have nothing to worry about as the move is not going to happen anytime soon. The £52million signing signed a new £300,000-a-week deal last month that will keep him at the Etihad until 2023.
De Bruyne has been the best player in the Premier League this season and he will be hoping to win the Champions League with Manchester City before leaving England.
The Belgian could also be a target for Chinese clubs but his agent Patrick De Koster does not see his client moving to China in future.
Patrick De Koster said: “I think Kevin will end his career in the USA rather than in Belgium. He has already been to America many times on holiday, and he loves the country and its culture. He said goodbye to his bachelor life in Las Vegas, and we have often spoken about him ending his career in the MLS. He hasn’t yet had any offers from American clubs because they know it is not worth bothering as he is at the peak of his career. Clubs in China will probably look longingly at him, but I can’t see him going over to play there.”
The 26-year-old playmaker has scored 11 goals and has bagged 17 assists in all competitions for Manchester City so far this season. He is one of the main reasons why City are now firm favourites to win the league title this year.
Former Manchester United player Rio Ferdinand has admitted that he would rather play for Mauricio Pochettino’s Tottenham Hotspurs than Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal.
The two fierce rivals clashed at Wembley with Spurs edging the match 1-0 after Harry Kane’s glorious header gave the home team the lead.
Ahead of the match there was a lot of talk about which London side is the better team at the moment and whether Pochettino’s men have started to turn the tide.
The media’s hype is similar to the claims that Manchester City have overtaken United as the better team in Manchester, especially after Sir Alex Ferguson dubbed them the noisy neighbours.
Ferdinand’s comments came ahead of the match between the two London clubs but it seems his opinion was vindicated but Red Devils’ fans will be glad their former player isn’t still playing.
According to Metro, Rio said to BT Sport: “If I’m a player now, and I sit there and base it purely on potential on where I’m going to be more successful in the coming years, I sway towards Spurs.
“Based on the potential in the squad and the balance of the squad. I don’t think the balance in Arsenal’s squad is there.”
After leaving Manchester United, Rio Ferdinand did in fact head back to a London club but it was QPR that he joined rather than Tottenham.
The former England international always admitted his heart was always in the nation’s capital despite all the love he had for Manchester.
Ferdinand also had a history of playing for West Ham and United’s arch-rivals Leeds whom Sir Alex Ferguson bought him from.
Rio in his prime would’ve certainly been a key player for Tottenham but he would’ve faced some stiff competition from the likes of Davison Sanchez, Toby Alderweireld and Jan Vertonghen.
Either way, Red Devils’ supporters will just be happy to have enjoyed the Englishman at their club after his trophy laden years.
If Congress fails to find a solution, (and that is likely) this means 800,000 people who were brought here as children, will be vulnerable to deportation proceedings and all the charm that ICE brings to the table.
The post Trump Continues To Play with Dreamers’ Lives Over His Obsession With A Wall appeared first on Politicus USA.
Liverpool are not interested in Thomas Lemar anymore, says James Pearce, who claims Jurgen Klopp has his eye on a better player to bring in with the £142m Coutinho windfall.
The post Five potential playmaker options – with £142m to play with – as LFC end interest in Lemar appeared first on The Empire of The Kop.