Tag Archives: plans

White House had big plans to promote serial wife beater Rob Porter before his history went public

Campaign Action

Rob Porter was so exemplary, he was up for a promotion. That news came just after FBI Director Christopher Wray confirmed Tuesday during testimony that the White House knew for months about the former staff secretary’s history of domestic violence. Nonetheless, he was in “serious discussions” to take on bigger roles in Donald Trump’s West Wing, writes CNN:

Porter had been actively lobbying to take on new policy portfolios outside the traditional scope of the staff secretary, one person familiar with the matter said, which included speechwriting duties and a role in planning policy rollouts. Neither of those tasks is traditionally carried out by the staff secretary.

One of the areas Porter was set to delve further into was trade policy, according to the person. Porter was a regular attendee at a weekly trade meeting among top-level administration officials.

He was also being considered for the deputy chief of staff position, another source familiar with the situation said.

John Kelly was reportedly one of Porter’s biggest fans and wanted to be sure he was “being used to his full potential.”

Kelly “definitely wanted to expand his role,” a source familiar tells CNN.

Trump will almost surely have someone’s head over this, as he doesn’t look kindly on bad press generated by others. He prefers being he sole source of his own humiliation.

As the fallout from the Porter scandal has stretched into a new week at the White House, a frustrated President Donald Trump has spent his days phoning allies and associates for advice on how to handle negative coverage, sources familiar with the conversations say.

Trump’s also got that sads that the main focus of his “agenda” might be hampered by the exit of key abusers on his staff.

He is particularly concerned with advancing his immigration proposals, a policy objective that has been helmed by Kelly.

And by “immigration proposals,” he means “deportations.” 

Vynn Capital plans maiden $40M startup fund for Southeast Asia

 Southeast Asia has a new venture capital fund on the scene after Victor Chua, formerly a vice president at Gobi Ventures, launched Vynn Capital. The Kuala Lumpur-headquartered venture is founded by Chua and Singaporean Darren Chua, previously with IE Singapore, and it is targeting a $40 million total close. Chua declined to say how far advanced the project is, but we did a little digging… Read More

This Man Utd star has just revealed his future retirement plans

Manchester United’s Juan Mata has revealed all his future plans as he ponders over his post retirement plans despite them being a little further down the road.

The 29 year old has had a testing time during his stay at the club with many rumours still to this day swirling over his future at Old Trafford.

Mata’s quality though has never been questioned since his arrival from Chelsea but since Jose Mourinho has become manager at United, the media have loved to create a story that simply doesn’t exist.

The Portuguese boss has already discussed the issue the moment he was named manager, stating that the Spaniard is with a different type of team where he plans to play a different type of tactic.

Either way, rumours about when his time at United will come to an end will always remain but the attacking midfielder was busy discussing his future retirement plans.

According to Manchester Evening News, Juan said to Panenka magazine: “I would like to play until I’m 40 if my body allows me to. I will carry on with Common Goal. And management tempts me but it is an unforgiving role.

“A coach depends on whether I take a corner well or finish a chance in front of goal and really, what influence does he have over this when it happens?

“I understand that people take decisions under pressure but the process is not valued, only results.

“I also want to work with youngsters, warn them of the perils and remind them of their responsibilities because it is sometimes easy to fall off the right track needed to get to the top level.

“Psychology also attracts me and in football, the mental aspect is very important, because if the mind is not settled, the feet do not work either.”

This season hasn’t been a vintage one by Juan Mata‘s standard and whilst he hasn’t performed poorly, he hasn’t hit his previous heights.

Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford‘s great performances have overtaken his own whilst Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s early season form saw him completely forgotten about.

The Armenian has left but Alexis Sanchez has arrived- a player that’s more likely to cause Mata’s career at the club some damage.

Often featuring in an unnatural position, the former Valencia man still manages to put in decent numbers and is loved by the fans.

Whether Sanchez’s arrival means the end of Juan’s time at United is yet to be seen but should the day come, supporters will certainly be disappointed.

Utah Man in Doomsday Sect Had Plans to Kill His 'Possessed' Son: Investigators

According to newly unsealed affidavits, the two Utah men accused of marrying each other’s underage daughters allegedly believed that the end of the world was nigh, and hatched plans to kidnap more children before an “anticipated Muslim invasion of the United States.”

The affidavits, obtained by PEOPLE, further allege that one of the men — John Coltharp — was intending to kill his son, William, insisting the child was “possessed by an evil spirit.”

The court documents contend Coltharp thought that by killing him, “his son would then teach his mother the gospel in the spirit world.”

Coltharp, 33, and Samuel Shaffer, 34, have both been charged with kidnapping, sexual abuse, and child bigamy. In addition, Coltharp faces charges of sodomy of a child for a sexual assault stemming from an alleged incident on Aug. 1, 2017.

Police believe the two men were members of a doomsday cult, called the Knights of the Crystal Blade, which identifies as a fundamentalist offshoot of the Mormon church. Both also allegedly believed they were “prophets,” according to investigators.

• Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Click here to get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter.

Shaffer allegedly told detectives he was married to Coltharp’s 8-year-old daughter, and that Coltharp was married to Shaffer’s 7-year-old daughter, the court records show.

Police began investigating on Dec. 1 after Coltharp’s ex-wife called police to report that Coltharp had allegedly kidnapped their four children. Coltharp was arrested at his home, but his children were not with him.

On Dec. 4, 2017, police raided a compound in a remote area about one mile west of Lund, where members of the sect were living inside shipping containers. There, they found Coltharp’s parents and his two sons. Police learned that Shaffer was allegedly last seen with his two daughters, ages seven and five, and Coltharp’s two daughters.

He had spent the previous night with the four girls in a tent near the compound, the release states.

Shortly after an AMBER Alert was issued for Coltharp’s two daughters, a tipster called police reporting they saw a white male later identified as Shaffer walking alone on a dirt road several miles west of the compound.

Shaffer, who investigators contend is the cult’s leader, was taken into custody and told police where they could find two of the girls. Deputies discovered one of Shaffer’s daughters and one of Coltharp’s daughters inside two blue plastic 50 gallon water barrels located approximately 1,000 yards south of the Coltharp property.

• For more compelling true crime coverage, follow our Crime magazine on Flipboard.

Shaffer allegedly told police the two girls had been placed in the water barrels to hide them from law enforcement. Police alleged the two girls had spent approximately 24 hours inside the barrel in subfreezing temperatures.

Prosecutors tell PEOPLE Shaffer’s father, James, has agreed to cooperate with the prosecution, and will testify against Samuel at his upcoming trial.

James Shaffer was recently arrested and charged with obstructing justice for allegedly hiding Coltharp’s children in his home and lying to police about it. Coltharp’s parents are also expected to serve as state witnesses. He has yet to enter a plea and it was unclear who his lawyer might be.

The affidavit states that the FBI is still processing the suspect’s electronics, and that someone who associated with John Coltharp claims he keeps meticulous records on his computer.

According to the affidavits, Coltharp allegedly told the witness that if authorities ever found the files on his computer, he would be “fried.”

Neither suspect has entered not guilty pleas. Their lawyers could not be reached for comment.

Antonio Conte has no plans to please fans with major tactical change – here’s why

Antonio ConteAntonio Conte has no plans to switch to a back-four. This is despite back-to-back embarrassments vs. Bournemouth & Watford. READ MORE: Chelsea and PSG set for summer transfer negotiations. Antonio Conte has managed to make light of Chelsea’s 4-1 demolition at the hands of Watford on Monday night. Just when you thought our 3-0 defeat […]