The best and the brightest? White House plagued by high turnover and missing security clearances

Donald Trump was going to drain the swamp and staff his administration with the best people in the world. Instead …

Mr. Trump is on his second press secretary, his second national security adviser and his third deputy national security adviser. Five different people have been named communications director or served in the job in an acting capacity. The president has parted ways with his chief strategist, health secretary, several deputy chiefs of staff and his original private legal team. He is on his second chief of staff — and some wonder whether a third may be in the offing soon.

That includes the former national security adviser who’s now under indictment and cooperating with the special counsel’s investigation, the health secretary who used his previous role in Congress to push benefits for companies he invested in and who as a cabinet member burned up the private jet miles, the Mooch, and the white supremacist who the Mooch said was “trying to suck [his] own cock.” It does not appear to include the Hungarian Nazi or either of the wife-beaters. But they’re all part of the record-high staff turnover rate of 34 percent. 

Of the people who are still there:

… 30 to 40 people in the White House have yet to secure permanent security clearances a year into the administration and could potentially be unsuited to such high-level jobs. 

It’s been more than a year for some of those people, like Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner, who has repeatedly revised his security clearance questionnaire.

Of course, none of them live up to the guy in the Oval Office.

Skeleton Remains of Three Children Found in a Shed Are Not Those of Missing Brothers

The remains of three children discovered in the shed of a Montana home last year are not connected to three missing brothers from Michigan.

A forensic examination of the bone fragments found they are over 99 years old, according to the Missoula County Sheriff’s Office.

“Anthropologists were conclusively able to exclude the remains of the aforementioned children,” the sheriff’s office said on Friday.

The Skelton brothers — Tanner, 5, Alexander, 7, and Andrew, 9 — were last seen on November 26, 2010, in front of father John Skelton’s Morenci home. After Skelton didn’t return the boys to the house of their mother, from whom he was separated, he told police “he gave the boys to unknown individuals,” a claim police did not find credible.

He is currently serving 10 to 15 years in prison after pleading no contest to three counts of unlawful imprisonment in September 2011.

• Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Click here to get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter.

When bone fragments were found in September, authorities launched an investigation to see if they were connected to the Skelton brothers. The Sheriff’s Office sent the remains to the University of North Texas Center for Human Identification.

The boys’ mother, Tanya Zuvers, has continued to buy Christmas, Birthday and Easter gifts for her sons in the hope they would one day come home, according to the Detroit News.

Recently, Skelton gave an interview with local 4 TV news saying he gave his sons to a man and two women driving a light-colored van to live on a farm in Ohio, near the Indiana border.

He told the boys they would have a better life with a new family, who would buy them the farm boots they’d been asking for and would let them ride on a tractor whenever they wanted.

Skelton said in the interview that he was a good dad and “would never hurt my boys or anyone.”

He said that on the last night he was with them, he made their favorite meal of fried chicken and cake to celebrate Andrew’s birthday and watched a karate movie at home with them.

He added, “I miss their voices.”

RELATED ARTICLE: Father of Missing Skelton Brothers Says He Gave Three Boys to ‘Underground Sanctuary’: ‘I Miss Their Voices’

The boys’ mother, Tanya Zuvers, responded to Skelton’s interview, telling PEOPLE, “My initial thought is what he is saying is still more lies.”

Zuvers added, “He’s had six years to perfect his story before agreeing to meet with a reporter.”

It is unknown where the boys are or if they’re still alive.

Tottenham boost: Real Madrid fear of missing out on Harry Kane

Spanish journalist Guillem Balague claims that Real Madrid feel as though they will be unable to sign Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane this summer.

The Spanish giants understand that the 23-year-old has a strong affinity to Spurs and Mauricio Pochettino and is currently not interested in leaving North London.

Instead, Los Blancos may well turn their attention to their prime target, Chelsea winger Eden Hazard.

Kane’s connection

Balague claims that despite interest from the defending European champions, it is currently unlikely that Kane will be departing Tottenham this summer.

The club are preparing to move into their impressive new 62,000 seater stadium next season, with Spurs desperate for their vice-captain to lead them out for the first game.

Balague said:

“Are they going for Harry Kane this summer? There will be suggestions, there will be rumours but they think Harry Kane will not leave Tottenham this summer.

At the moment they are not convinced he will move in the summer, with the emotional link to Spurs and to Mauricio Pochettino, but also while Cristiano is there Harry Kane has not got much to do.

In any case, Real Madrid may use Harry Kane to distract from the focus of their real attention which is Chelsea forward Eden Hazard.”

Best in Europe

Ahead of Saturday lunchtime’s highly-anticipated North London derby, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has labelled Tottenham Hotspur’s Harry Kane the best striker in Europe.

Wenger when asked if there is a better striker in Europe than Spurs’ talisman:

“If you look at the numbers then, no. 

I can talk and talk and talk, but it’s the numbers which will show that. The best way to defend is to have the numbers and take the game to them.”

Meanwhile, the French coach also commented on his own strikers, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette:

“Our strikers are top class as well and we want them to express their talent.”