Tag Archives: admits

Bekah M. Explains Why Mom Reported Her 'Missing' — and Admits She Wanted Peter as The Bachelor

Bekah Martinez may no longer be competing for Arie Luyendyk Jr.‘s heart on The Bachelor, but will not be easily forgotten by the show’s fans – and she has her mom to thank for that.

Following Monday’s episode, Martinez appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live! for her first TV appearance post-Bachelor. “I’m hanging in there. It was shocking for me as well, I’m picking up the pieces as I go along,” the 22-year-old nanny from Los Angeles told host Jimmy Kimmel.

“For one thing, I have been a fan of the show for years… I’ve been telling my family and friends like, ‘Yeah I’m going on The Bachelor one day,’ ” she said when asked why she signed up for the ABC dating competition series instead of conventional dating apps.

“Well, I was hoping it would be Peter and it ended it up being Arie,” Martinez admitted about the possibilities of dating the fan favorite who made it to the final two on Bachelorette Rachel Lindsay‘s season.

RELATED: The Bachelor‘s Bekah M. Was on a Missing Persons List — Until a Fan Recognized Her from the Show

While she had been a memorable contestant this season due to her young age, outside the Bachelor house, she made headlines recently after being removed from a missing persons list in California.

During her late-night appearance, Martinez set the record straight about the whole missing persons debacle from earlier this month.

“First of all, a lot of people thought I lied to my mother saying that I was on a farm when I was actually on The Bachelor but no I had already been eliminated from the show,” she told Kimmel.

WATCH: Arie Luyendyk Jr. Talks Biggest Bachelor Regrets: ‘The Wrestling Date! I Was Like Turn This Off!’

“I just decided to go to the mountains with my friends for a couple weeks and I was there for six or seven days without phone service which I thought I was going to have phone service and I told my mother that I would,” Martinez recalled.

“I just had this weird feeling like on the sixth or seventh day, I need to go home now. So I got in my car, drove to where I had service, called my parents and then come to find out only 12 hours before my mother had called the Humboldt Sheriff’s Department saying that I was missing,” she added.

According to her mother’s account, Martinez was allegedly planning on working at a marijuana farm in the area. Martinez’s mother told deputies she contacted Martinez via a friend’s cell phone on Nov. 12 at around 11 a.m. and told her she wanted her to come home.

Martinez allegedly refused and said she would see her mother in seven to eight days. At the time, Martinez told her mother that she was near Eureka, an area about 45 minutes north or south of any marijuana farm.

The Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office attempted to contact Martinez and others associated with her, receiving no response. The deputy followed procedure, following up on all leads and forwarding the case to the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Division.

RELATED: ‘Low Key Very Upset’:Bachelor Nation Is Torn After Arie Luyendyk Jr. Sends Bekah M. Home

“To set the record straight I’m not a weed farmer. I’m still a nanny in L.A.,” Bekah clarified to Kimmel on Monday.

Martinez previously addressed the bizarre news of her being “missing” on Feb. 2, tweeting: “MOM. how many times do I have to tell you I don’t get cell service on The Bachelor??”

The Bachelor airs Mondays (8 p.m. ET) on ABC.

Jimmy Kimmel Live! airs weeknights at 11:35 p.m. (ET).

Man Utd star admits players weren't good enough vs Newcastle

Manchester United’s Phil Jones has admitted that his teammates and himself were not good enough vs Newcastle as they fell to a 1-0 defeat.

Jose Mourinho’s men were expected to get a routine win over the Magpies and perhaps complacency was one of the factors in the loss.

No one was blameless after such a result and it now leaves United 16 points behind fierce rivals and league leaders Manchester City.

Worse though is that the teams below the club can now catch up to them such as Tottenham, Liverpool and Chelsea and risk kicking them out of the Champions League spots.

The Red Devils will even face both the Reds and the Blues in two of their next three upcoming fixtures in a time that will surely test the club’s ability.

Whilst Phil Jones wasn’t particularly poor during the loss to Newcastle, recent performances have called into question whether he’s a true Manchester United centre-back.

Chris Smalling has also frustrated fans hugely and it’s tough to see both of them remaining at the club next season with surely at least one being sold.

The competition for spots in the centre of defence has never been higher with Eric Bailly, Marcos Rojo and Victor Lindelof also all fighting for just two starting positions.

If one counts youngster Axel Tuanzebe that makes it six centre-backs competing for two spots- surely one or two players have to go.

One gets the feeling that the only reason Mourinho hasn’t sold any of them already is due to the injury crisis the club’s defenders seem to go through every season but perhaps this will be their last straw.

Paul Pogba is a creator not a destroyer, admits Danny Murphy

Paul Pogba should be used as a ‘creative player’ by Manchester United, according to Danny Murphy.

That’s instead of being a ‘destructive player’, despite Pogba generally being used in a creative role since his 2016 return to Old Trafford.

The Frenchman’s first season back at the club saw a significant number of ignorant evaluations of his talent. The focus was on his physical stature, power and pace rather than the astonishing technical ability which makes him one of the most complete players around in his position.

Murphy has now accepted that Pogba is indeed a creative force.

“Having watched Pogba on a regular basis, I think he’s more a creative player than a destructive one,” Murphy said on the Sky Sports show The Debate.

“He wants to go and make things happen.”

Murphy said that Pogba’s talent means he should be winning games by himself for United when the Reds require it.

“I’d like to see him win football matches for his team,” Murphy said of the 24-year-old. “Pogba has the potential to be what he wants to be.”

Pogba has been vital for United this season. Though he’s scored irregularly, his performances have often been brilliant.

He is yet to truly take a game by the scruff of the neck, though. When Pogba plays well, so too do United, and the same can be said when roles are reversed.

Depending on your outlook, that could be positive or negative.

Man Utd legend admits he would rather play for Tottenham than Arsenal

Former Manchester United player Rio Ferdinand has admitted that he would rather play for Mauricio Pochettino’s Tottenham Hotspurs than Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal.

The two fierce rivals clashed at Wembley with Spurs edging the match 1-0 after Harry Kane’s glorious header gave the home team the lead.

Ahead of the match there was a lot of talk about which London side is the better team at the moment and whether Pochettino’s men have started to turn the tide.

The media’s hype is similar to the claims that Manchester City have overtaken United as the better team in Manchester, especially after Sir Alex Ferguson dubbed them the noisy neighbours.

Ferdinand’s comments came ahead of the match between the two London clubs but it seems his opinion was vindicated but Red Devils’ fans will be glad their former player isn’t still playing.

According to Metro, Rio said to BT Sport: “If I’m a player now, and I sit there and base it purely on potential on where I’m going to be more successful in the coming years, I sway towards Spurs.

“Based on the potential in the squad and the balance of the squad. I don’t think the balance in Arsenal’s squad is there.”

After leaving Manchester United, Rio Ferdinand did in fact head back to a London club but it was QPR that he joined rather than Tottenham.

The former England international always admitted his heart was always in the nation’s capital despite all the love he had for Manchester.

Ferdinand also had a history of playing for West Ham and United’s arch-rivals Leeds whom Sir Alex Ferguson bought him from.

Rio in his prime would’ve certainly been a key player for Tottenham but he would’ve faced some stiff competition from the likes of Davison Sanchez, Toby Alderweireld and Jan Vertonghen.

Either way, Red Devils’ supporters will just be happy to have enjoyed the Englishman at their club after his trophy laden years.

David Moyes admits he understands why Evra kicked a fan at Marseille

Sympathetic

West Ham boss David Moyes has explained that he understands why signing Patrice Evra kicked a fan whilst playing for Marseille.

The Frenchman was set to play in the Europa League for the Ligue 1 outfit before an incident before the game.

Fans started to taunt the player and there were suggestions of racism, which prompted a response from the player.

Not only a response, the Frenchman went to confront the fans who abused him and it eventually lead to him kicking one in the head.

His contract was soon terminated by the club, leaving him a free agent before West Ham snapped him up this week.

Now, David Moyes has revealed that he has no qualms about what happened at Marseille.

“Do I have any concerns? No, not from what he told me,” said Moyes.

“He told me what happened, so none at all. It shows that he will stand up for himself and won’t take anything.

“I’d considered signing him during January as, when Arthur got sent off, I knew we were short.”

“I know him well, what he is capable of, what he will bring.

“His level of professionalism is as good as anybody’s and hopefully, we can get him ready as quickly as we possibly can.

“We have got him here to play. He could play against Watford, he’s not far away in my eyes, as he has been training.”

Patrice Evra discusses signing for West Ham in Premier League return

Moyes isn’t the only one talking about Evra’s move back to the Premier League.

The man himself has also been discussing a move which will see him rejoin his former manager in David Moyes.

Safe to say, he’s looking forward to getting back at it in the English top flight.

Click here to find out what he had to say about the move. 

Man City’s Ederson admits that he should be played in midfield

Change of position

Manchester City Ederson has admitted that he would play in midfield if he was asked to and would relish the challenge.

The Brazilian has been extremely impressive this season but his shot-stopping is not the only thing that has everyone talking.

The player is proficient in playing out from the back and his passing ability from the back is second only to Manuel Neuer and possibly Roma’s Allison.

That certainly shows that Pep Guardiola has finally found the man that he needs to guide his side forward from the back.

Though, he could be given a headache if Ederson attempts to follow his calling in midfield!

Gary Neville explained recently that he thinks the player would actually be suited to playing further up the pitch.

Now, the Brazilian shot-stopper has commented on those suggestions and it’s safe to say that he agrees!

“I agree with him,” said Ederson in an interview with FourFourTwo magazine.

“Actually, when I played for Benfica youth teams, they would always call me to play in midfield if someone was missing and I didn’t ever embarrass myself.

“So, if necessary I’m definitely up to the task.

“It wouldn’t be easy, especially in the Premier League, but I think I could manage the challenge.”

In the short-term though, Ederson will be hoping for a clean sheet and all three points against Leicester this weekend.

Man City ‘sign’ Fred thanks to Arsenal old-boy Gilberto Silva

While Ederson will want to play in midfield, Pep Guardiola will not agree!

That is because the club have reportedly signed a new midfielder this week in the form of Shakhtar Donetsk star Fred.

Not only have they signed the player, it comes down to help from former Arsenal star Gilberto Silva.

Click here to find out how he helped Man City sign the star. 

Michigan governor admits his prison food privatization scheme has failed

State prisoners in Michigan would no longer rely on scandal-plagued for-profit vendors to feed them under the budget Gov. Rick Snyder (R) proposed Wednesday.

Snyder’s FY2019 budget plan adds $13.7 million in Corrections funding to move prison food service back into public hands. It is a dramatic reversal for Snyder, who initiated the privatization of the prison food system in late 2013.

Snyder’s move to hand prison kitchens over to profit-seekers placed an inherently public duty — adequately and safely feeding the incarcerated — at odds with the shareholder-service ambitions of the vendors he put Michigan into bed with.

Snyder acknowledged things didn’t work out like he’d hoped on Wednesday.

“We’ve worked with a couple of different private vendors,” Snyder said, according to the Detroit Free Press. “The benefits of continuing on that path don’t outweigh the costs and we should transition back to doing it in-house.”

This is a grave understatement. Michigan’s first prison food contractor was Aramark, a company most Americans only encounter when they get a hot dog at a baseball game or go to a college dining hall for lunch.

Aramark repeatedly failed to provide the minimum caloric nutrition required by the contract Michigan gave it. Underfeeding prisoners should be scandalous enough on its own, but Aramark was also given to more flamboyant transgressions of prisoner rights.

It served maggot-ridden food to inmates. One of its employees knowingly ordered workers to serve meat that had thawed in a broken freezer for days. Another had staff pluck rat-bitten snack cakes out of the trash can, spread frosting over the tooth marks, and serve them.

When the company’s staff weren’t underfeeding people with dangerous and contaminated food, they were breaking prison rules. Some were caught smuggling contraband. Others were caught having sex with people serving prison sentences.

Michigan eventually yanked Aramark’s deal. But Snyder wasn’t yet convinced that such failures are a predictable byproduct of the corner-cutting incentives of privatized public service. His administration explicitly said it was terminating the deal for cost reasons and not due to Aramark’s dangerous and inhumane food provision work.

Almost immediately, he hired a different company called Trinity to smooth out Aramark’s rough places. Trinity didn’t. Prisoners in Michigan were once again expected to accept insufficient and tainted food. Maggots showed up on cafeteria trays again. Aramark had had 186 staffers banned from prison grounds for violating various rules about inmate contact and security protocol. Trinity managed to get 176 staffers banned for similar misconduct.

None of this should have been surprising. Privatization of public duties is a bad gamble in almost every case — whether it’s a toll bridge or a parking meter system or the more viscerally human question of what people doing hard time should be expected to put in their bodies.

Handing the keys of a public problem over to profit-driven penny-pinchers almost always delivers a worse outcome for the public than paying an in-house workforce. Performing public services with public employees also keeps taxpayer money involved inside your local economy rather than shipping large chunks of it off to distant corporate accounts.

Snyder may have been slow on the uptake here, but the proposal to re-invest in professionalism and purpose-driven service is a welcome change for the many organizations that have sought to bring attention to the system’s abuses.

“The abuses and waste that have resulted from these contracts have endangered corrections officers, prison employees, and prisoners. It’s about time Snyder showed some common sense and took our advice,” said Lonnie Scott of Progress Michigan, which helped expose early failures in the Aramark deal.

“It’s time to return this service back to public employees and out of the hands of out-of-state corporations.”


Mauricio Pochettino admits this top class Tottenham star is a 'nasty' player

Mauricio Pochettino admits this top class Tottenham star is a ‘nasty’ player – originally posted on Sportslens.com

Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli has attracted a lot of criticism following his dive against Liverpool on Sunday.

The England international was booked immediately and Mauricio Pochettino believes that Alli’s dive was a simple matter of football trickery.

He also added that the Tottenham midfielder is a little bit nasty as a player.

Pochettino claimed that football is about tricking one’s opponent and a few decades ago players were appreciated when they managed to trick the officials.

He said: “Dele is not perfect. Nobody is perfect. He is a clever boy. He is a little bit nasty. Football is a creative sport in which you need the talent that grows in a very intelligent person, a very smart brain.”

Alli has already faced a backlash from the fans on social media and Pochettino’s comments are likely to provoke more reaction from the fans. Also, it might encourage the player to dive more in future.

The former MK Dons midfielder is a world-class talent and he is more than capable of making a difference on the pitch without having to cheat.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the future but Pochettino’s comments are unlikely to go down well with the rival fans for now. Also, the introduction of VAR could spell trouble for players looking to trick the match officials in future.

From Sportslens.com – Football News | Football Blog